Traveler Updates on COVID-19
As we continue to monitor conditions for the health and safety of our passengers, the Indianapolis Airport Authority is working to ensure that the well-being of the public and our employees remains our highest priority. We continue to stay in close contact with partners from the CDC, State Department of Health, and local public health officials to follow their recommendations.
IND Cares about you and your travel experience.
Face Masks Required at IND
Face masks must be worn at the Indy airport, in accordance with the federal requirement. This requirement is for individuals across all transportation networks throughout the U.S., including at airports. Complimentary masks are available at the Guest Services desk.Learn more
COVID-19 Testing Available at IND
Local company, JFI Medical, is offering COVID-19 testing onsite at the Indianapolis International Airport in the Baggage Claim area. This optional testing is available to the traveling public and airport employees. Pre-registration is required.Learn more
The Terminal Services team was honored as Final Four Frontline Heroes for their diligence and dedication to the traveling public during the pandemic. This team keeps the Indy airport clean and provides world-class customer service.
When you see them, say, "Thank You!"
IND Response to COVID-19
Since March 2020, the Indianapolis Airport Authority has taken the following measures to help protect the traveling public at the Indianapolis International Airport (IND). We continue to review our actions as the situation evolves.
- Face masks required at the Indianapolis International Airport
- Complimentary masks available at Guest Services
- Onsite COVID-19 testing site available in Baggage Claim
- Contactless customer service assistance at Guest Services
- 'Be KIND, stay six feet behind' ground markings and signage to encourage social distancing, wherever possible
- Additional hand sanitizing stations available for customer convenience
- Sanitizing wipes available at each airline gate
- PPE vending machine with travel items available for purchase
- Plexiglass shields installed in high-traffic areas, such as ticket counters, TSA security checkpoints, and boarding gates to protect staff and public
- Increased cleaning frequency in high-congregation areas such as Civic Plaza, Baggage Claim, and gate seating areas
- Public restrooms deep cleaned hourly using a hospital-grade disinfectant
- Touchless payment procedures, wherever possible
- Adjusted valet parking to Premium Self Park to minimize touchpoints
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of IND shuttle buses including luggage storage areas and handrails
Our commitment has received the Airports Council International Airport Health Accreditation and Voice of the Customer honor.Airport Health Accreditation Voice of the Customer
Safety Measures in the Terminal
IND Cares. Take a look at safety measures throughout the terminal.
- Don't travel if you're sick and seek medical attention
- Don't travel if you test positive; follow public health recommendations
- Onsite COVID-19 testing available in Baggage Claim
- Pre-registration is required. Tests available for a fee.
- Understand any travel restrictions and testing requirements for your trip
- When traveling internationally to the U.S., proof of negative test or recovery is required
- Wear a face mask that completely covers your nose and mouth
- CDC has issued additional guidance on masks for travel
- Bring your own gloves, hand sanitizer, and cleaning wipes
- Many airlines are offering complimentary health and safety kits
- TSA is allowing hand sanitizer in carry-on bags until further notice
- Whenever possible, limit your touchpoints
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible
- Familiarize yourself with TSA guidelines in the COVID environment
- Use the Concourse Connector to access available shops and restaurants throughout the terminal, no matter which concourse you're flying out of
- If you can, drop-off or pick-up friends and family curbside rather than coming into the terminal
- Check the airport website for helpful travel information, including:
- TSA Wait Times - estimated time it will take to go through security
- Available Parking Spaces - choose between available parking options
- Restaurant and Shops Operating Hours
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
Know Where to Go
Many airlines have adjusted their flight schedules and the availability of nonstop destinations from Indy varies. Please contact your airline directly for questions regarding booked flights.Nonstop Destinations
Before You Arrive
Many of IND’s shops and restaurants have adjusted operating hours to reflect current passenger traffic. Also, some have closed temporarily and will begin to reopen once air travel increases.Dining & Shopping
New Parking Option
As an alternate to Valet, Premium Self Park is a new parking option that allows for social distancing and provides a convenient parking option near the pedestrian walkway to the terminal.Premium Self Park
Stay Healthy. Stay Secure.
TSA's “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure.” campaign details proactive and protective measures implemented at security checkpoints to make the screening process safer for passengers and TSA employees by reducing the potential of exposure of COVID-19. The campaign includes guidance and resources to help passengers prepare for the security screening process in the COVID environment.
For more information on TSA's response to COVID-19, visit https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus.
The airline industry has made a commitment to address health and safety concerns with air travel during this global pandemic. The links below address each airline's approach to a happy, healthy flight.
- Air Canada CleanCare+
- Alaska Airlines Next-Level Care
- Allegiant Air, Together We Fly
- American Airlines Clean Commitment
- Delta Air Lines CareStandard
- Frontier Airlines Committed To You
- Southwest Airlines Promise
- Spirit Airlines Safe Travels
- Sun Country Airlines: We Carry On
- United Airlines CleanPlus
IND Car Rentals
Before renting any vehicle, car rental companies are providing an enhanced experience with increased cleanliness and disinfection. The links below address each car rentals' approach for your transportation needs.
- Avis Travel Safely and Flexibly
- Budget Travel Safely and Flexibly
- Dollar Car Rental Clean Guarantee
- Enterprise Holdings Complete Clean Pledge (Alamo, Enterprise, National)
- Hertz Gold Standard Clean
- Sixt Rent A Car We Care
- Thrifty Car Rental Clean Guarantee
Additional COVID-19 Resources
The following links provide additional COVID-19 resources from the CDC, FAA, State of Indiana, and the City of Indianapolis, including available testing sites.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC: Travel During COVID-19
- Federal Aviation Administration Fly Healthy