Traveler Updates on Coronavirus Response - IND Cares
https://drive.google.com/file/...As we continue to monitor conditions for the health and safety of our passengers, the Indianapolis Airport Authority is working to ensure that the well-being of the public and our employees remains our highest priority. We continue to stay in close contact with partners from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State Department of Health, and local public health officials to follow their recommendations.
Specifically, the Indianapolis Airport Authority has been taking the following measures to help protect the traveling public at the Indianapolis International Airport (IND). We will continue to review our actions as the situation continues to evolve.
- Social distancing ground markings and signs will give guidance on six-foot distancing at ticket counters, boarding gates, concessions counters, and other common areas.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the terminal.
- Indianapolis Airport Authority employees are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings.
- In accordance with the Marion County Public Health Department, restaurant employees are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in high-traffic areas including ticket counters, TSA security checkpoints, boarding gates, and concessions counters.
- Public restrooms are cleaned and sanitized on an hourly basis; all sinks, toilets, and urinals in public restrooms are deep-cleaned and sanitized with hospital-grade disinfectant machines nightly.
- In locations where travelers congregate, we are conducting extra cleaning, including the Civic Plaza food court seating area, visitor seating area, airline gate seating areas, and Baggage Claim.
- We are implementing procedures for touchless payment, wherever possible.
TSA has made adjustments to security lines to provide more spacing between passengers and minimize exposure time.
Operational Updates for Passengers:
Individuals are still allowed to travel to IND to pick-up or drop-off friends and loved ones, but we recommend that these people remain in their cars and practice social distancing rather than going into the terminal to meet their parties.
In accordance with the Marion County Public Health Order, all individuals inside Indianapolis International Airport must wear a face mask beginning Thursday, July 9th at 8:00 a.m.
Travelers can check TSA guidelines on what food they can bring with them in carry-on or checked luggage.
Dining and Shopping:
We’re working to ensure passengers, flight crews, and employees have access to food in the terminal. Many of IND’s shops and restaurants have reduced their operating hours, some have closed temporarily, and others remain open with a focus on takeout options in order to serve our passengers and employees.
Click here to view the complete list of open concessions.
Carry out food and grab and go sales are available at the following airport locations:
Pre-security food availability:
- Farmer’s Fridge (Baggage Claim) healthy vending machine
- Nature’s Table
- TripAdvisor, newsstand with grab and go food available
Post-security food availability:
- Champps (B)
- Famer’s Fridge (A/B) healthy vending machine
- Fountain Square Market (A), newsstand with grab and go food available
- Hudson (B), newsstand with grab and go food available
- Shapiro’s (B)
- Starbucks (B)
In addition, some concessionaires have adjusted operating hours. As air travel increases, restaurants will begin to reopen and return to normal hours and this website will be updated regularly.
The Indy airport has also made operational changes to maximize social distancing and minimize touchpoints. The Economy Lot is currently closed. While Valet service remains temporarily closed, a Premium Self Park product is being introduced in the same location as Valet on Level 3 of the Terminal Garage beginning June 29. Premium Self Park will provide the convenience and customer service passengers have come to expect from the Valet service, while protecting passengers and valet employees by minimizing interactions and touchpoints.
Parking Lot Shuttles:
IND is working hard to keep our passenger buses clean. Here is what is being done on a daily basis:
- All passengers are encouraged to wear a mask or cloth face covering.
- Buses, luggage storage areas, and handrails are sprayed with disinfectant while buses are parked for break. Additionally, drivers disinfect their bus regularly throughout the day.
- Buses are being sanitized with CDC-recommended cleaning supplies.
For travelers, we recommend checking with your airline for any pertinent travel information on individual flight status, travel to specific destinations, or waived change fees.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Marion County Public Health Department
- Visit Indy Safe Reopening Guide
IND Airlines’ Resource Links:
- Air Canada Coronavirus Updates
- Alaska Airlines Coronavirus Updates
- Allegiant Air Coronavirus Updates
- American Airlines Coronavirus Updates
- Delta Air Lines Coronavirus Updates
- Frontier Airlines Coronavirus Updates
- Southwest Airlines Coronavirus Updates
- Spirit Airlines Coronavirus Updates
- United Airlines Coronavirus Updates